[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: #{conversationList} appears to be empty

jacob.orshalick do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 27 11:20:25 EDT 2007

By invoking an action annotated with @Begin, you will promote a conversation to long-running.  This should cause a ConversationEntry to show up in your conversationList.  Add a print statement in the @Begin to make sure your method is actually being invoked.

Also, here is a quick way to see when conversations are being started and ended:

@Name("conversationLogger")
  | public class ConversationLogger implements Serializable {
  | 	@Logger
  | 	private Log log;
  |
  | 	@Observer("org.jboss.seam.beginConversation")
  | 	public void logConversationBegin()
  | 	{
  | 		Conversation currentConversation = Conversation.instance();
  |
  |     		log.info("Beginning conversation: #0, Parent Id: #1",
  |     			currentConversation.getId(), currentConversation.getParentId());
  | 	}
  |
  | 	@Observer("org.jboss.seam.endConversation")
  | 	public void logConversationEnd()
  | 	{
  | 		Conversation currentConversation = Conversation.instance();
  |
  |     		log.info("Ending conversation: #0, Parent Id: #1",
  |     			currentConversation.getId(), currentConversation.getParentId());
  | 	}
  | }

I find this very helpful, especially when using nested conversations.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4089376#4089376

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4089376