[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: Cache 1.4.1 region problems on jboss-ea-4.2.0

bstansberry@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 27 13:46:15 EDT 2007

anonymous wrote :
  | Without looking at the sources I thought that the responsible eviction handler would already prepend the deployment name as it is properly configured in the hibernate part:

That's an interesting suggestion -- the Hibernate/JBC code could be smarter about checking the cache's eviction configuration and programatically creating regions that use the settings defined there.

Also possible improvement is to have an annotation on the bean to configure this, so it doesn't require using XML and understanding how the cache stores the data.

Note that the deployment name will only be used as the region prefix if you don't supply one. So, to make it less verbose you could do this:

  | Properties [
  |
  |      hibernate.cache.region_prefix: myprefix

  | ]
  |

  | <attribute name="EvictionPolicyConfig">
  |       <config>
  |         <attribute name="wakeUpIntervalSeconds">5</attribute>
  |         <!--  Cache wide default -->
  |         <region name="/_default_">
  |          <attribute name="maxNodes">5000</attribute>
  |          <attribute name="timeToLiveSeconds">0</attribute>
  |         <attribute name="maxAgeSeconds">60</attribute>
  |        </region>
  |         <region name="/myprefix/catalog/persistent">
  |          <attribute name="maxNodes">5000</attribute>
  |          <attribute name="timeToLiveSeconds">0</attribute>
  |          <attribute name="maxAgeSeconds">7200</attribute>
  |        </region>
  |       </config>
  |     </attribute>

The reason for forcing use of a region prefix is it's needed to ensure proper classloader isolation between different deployments using the same cache.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4089429#4089429

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4089429