[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Binding HtmlDataTable to h:dataTable in Seam

asookazian do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 28 14:21:39 EDT 2007

Is it possible to do the following in Seam1.2.1.GA?  I need a solution for a dataTable that can handle a dynamic column resultset from stored proc.

snippet of .xhtml:

<h:dataTable value="#{userRoleSearch.myList}" var="myItem" binding="#{userRoleSearch.dynamicDataTable}"/>

snippet of userRoleSearch SFSB:

  | public HtmlDataTable getDynamicDataTable() {
  |         if (dynamicDataTable == null) {
  |               	viewRolesData(selectedChoices);
  |                 populateDynamicDataTable();
  |         }
  |
  |         return dynamicDataTable;
  |     }

anonymous wrote : The @DataModel Seam annotation exposes an attribute of type java.util.List to a JSF page as an instance of javax.faces.model.DataModel. The  <h:dataTable>  supports data binding to a collection of data objects represented by a DataModel instance.

http://weblogs.java.net/blog/caroljmcdonald/archive/2007/07/sample_applicat_1.html

In this case, I am not using @DataModel and the return type is HtmlDataTable which dynamically replaces the <h:dataTable> rendering based on the # of columns in the resultset.

The solution above works fine with JSF + managed bean, but it doesn't work with Seam (I get JSF h:dataTable tag formatting error).

Will I need to use a hybrid Seam SFSB + managed bean approach?? thx.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4089821#4089821

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4089821