[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - will ejb3 rePack my exception?

chibi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Sep 29 05:36:45 EDT 2007

it seems EJB will rePack my custom exception with EJBTransactionRolledbackException, then add a message "Transaction failed " in facesMessages()

i have a EJB service like this:

  | public void doSomething() throws ServiceException{
  | 		try {
  | 			something_to_do();
  | 		} catch (Exception e) {
  | 			throw new ServiceException("sorry, i can't do this");
  | 		}
  | 	}

and i have a seam component use this service:

  | public doSomethingWithEJB(){
  | 	try {
  | 		ejb.doSomething();
  | 	} catch (ServiceException e) {
  | 		log.info("he can't do that #0", e.getMessage());
  | 	} catch (Exception e) {
  | 		log.info("huh? he throws a new #0 Exception:#1 ", e.getClass(), e.getMessage());
  | 	}
  | }

when service failed, i got this result:

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4089941#4089941