[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Problem with JSF- Component IDs and JavaScript Element-Id

ameo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 1 05:30:54 EDT 2008

Hello,

I have a JSF- Portlet with Richfaces, newest versions.

Here is my Problem.

I have three form tags on a jsf page.

  | <form id="formA" > ...
  | <form id="formB" > ...

Viewing the page a on browser the forms have the id

  | <form id="jbpns_2fmyPortal_2fmyPage_2fmyPortlet:_viewRoot:inclTable:formA"
  | <from jbpns_2fmyPortal_2fmyPage_2fmyPortlet:_viewRoot:inclTable:formB"

I have a JavaScript library with a function, that want to get elements inside that forms with...

document.getElementById(XXX) ;
Here I get the error...bla bla "has no properties".

So, what is the best way, to get the elements with javascript ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4140375#4140375

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4140375