[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Problem with JSF- Component IDs and JavaScript Element-I

wesleyhales do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 1 08:50:36 EDT 2008

Ok, so I was wrong again. I forgot JSF namespaces the name attribute also. You can wrap your form in a div or span and access the child, or you can use the prototype.js library and they have the following:

  | document.getElementsByClassName('whatever')[0]

then you would have:

  | <form id="..." styleClass="whatever">

that is my answer and I am sticking to it. Don't forget to make that classname unique and you shouldn't have a problem.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4140465#4140465

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4140465