[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: Cannot instantiate class: org.jnp.interfaces.NamingCont

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 1 11:49:51 EDT 2008

anonymous wrote : Yet, in all cases I am getting the deployment error:
  | *** DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR: Name -> Error
  |
  | vfsfile:/C:/jboss/server/default/deploy/simple_session.ear -> java.io.IOException: invalid manifest format
  | --------------------------------------
  | more specifically:
  | 22:14:17,015 WARN [VFSStructureBuilder] Error populating deployment vfsfile:/C:/jboss/server/default/deploy/simple_session.ear

You dont have to change anything in the EAR file. Let the EAR file be as it was earlier (when it was deploying properly).

The changes you have to make is in the client.jar file which you are using to run the standalone client. The MANIFEST.MF file in that jar file should be edited to contain the Class-Path entry. The link that i posted in my earlier reply also mentions that
anonymous wrote :
  | Warning : The text file must end with a new line or carriage return. The last line will not be parsed properly if it does not end with a new line or carriage return.

Furthermore, the folder structure should look something like this:

D:
  | |
  | |--- SomeFolder
  | |	|
  | |	|--- client.jar
  | |	|	|
  | |	|	|--- META-INF
  | |	|	|	|
  | |	|
  | |	|
  | |	|--- jbossall-client.jar

The MANIFEST.MF should contain something like:

  | Main-Class: lemonpress.client.SimpleSessionClient
  | Class-Path: jbossall-client.jar beans.jar

Note that the jarpath that you specify in the Class-Path entry is relative to the jar file. So in this case, the jbossall-client.jar file will be searched in the same folder as client.jar. Please go through the documentation that i posted earlier, for more details.

While posting the logs or xml content or code, remember to wrap it in a code block using the Code button in the message editor window and please hit the Preview button to make sure your post is correctly formatted

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4140600#4140600

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4140600