[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Limiting the consumers & producers of a queue

dsmiley do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 1 13:53:41 EDT 2008

I have a queue that I use to connect a producer and consumer.  The ordering of messages is important.  AFAIK, as long as I have at most one producer and at-most one consumer, the messages should get processed in-order.  Due to edge case scenarios, or perhaps in a larger context when someone else might inadvertently connect, I'd like the producer and consumer count on my queue to be enforced to not exceed one, just in case.

What got me concerned about this is this blog post:
http://www.devwebsphere.com/devwebsphere/2005/06/total_jms_messa.html

If a consumer tries to connect when there is already a consumer, I propose the existing consumer be kicked off (after outstanding messages to it are ACK'ed of course), and then perhaps a warning message get logged too.

Any thoughts on this?  Perhaps an opinion on ease of implementation to JBM 1.x?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4140661#4140661

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4140661