[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Automatic deploy with MainDeployer

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 2 11:26:13 EDT 2008

"jefec" wrote :
  | Using of MainDeployer is not reqired, but I don't find any other solution (expect copying to deploy directory).

In that case, copying to the deploy directory is probably a better solution. As i mentioned in my earlier post, all you have to worry about with this approach is to ensure that the "copy" operation completes before the file is picked up for deployment. I do see a way of getting around this, JBoss by default ignores files ending with .bak extension (as well as some  other extensions which you will find mentioned in the server/< serverName>/conf/jboss-service.xml file) from deployment. What you could do is while copying your application (ex: myApp.ear) to the deploy folder, copy it as myApp.ear.bak. Once the copy operation completes, just rename it to myApp.ear. This way, even if the deployment scanner starts scanning the deploy folder when the copy operation is in progress, its wont pick up this file. The file will be picked up only after the rename operation is done (which wont take any time).

Would this approach work for you?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4141031#4141031

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4141031