[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - message ordering wrong 4.2.0

justkeys do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 3 06:53:09 EDT 2008

We use an mdb to process messages from a queue. If the messaages arrive fast in the queue, they are delivered in reverse order sometimes.

Do we have to specify that order is important somehow, when declaring the queue?

On the wiki http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JMSPriority it says that they should be delivered in order, if messages are sent from the same session. We send messages from one single session, but the session is created in a different thread than the thread that sends the messages. Could that cause the ordering to break?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4141273#4141273

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4141273