[jboss-user] Problems with oracle datasource with UseJBossWebLoader set to true

Jay Kraly jaykraly at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 18:28:31 EDT 2008

I have a security realm setup similar to the DatabaseServerLoginModule which
uses jndi to retrieve a datasource defined in an oracle-ds.xml file.
Everything works fine when UseJBossWebLoader is set to true, however if I
set this to false, the datasource returned by the initial context lookup is
null.  I'm fairly positive that the classloader isn't able to find my
ojdbc14.jar file which contains the oracle driver when UseJBossWebLoader is
false.

I've tried moving the oracle jar out of my web-app and into the deploy/lib
directory as well as a couple other creative locations, but it still won't
load the drivers or connect to the database.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

-J