[jboss-user] silent ntlm authentiaction using spnego and jcifs

Rohnny Moland rmoland at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 08:06:43 EDT 2008

Hello,

I am trying to get a j2ee application up and running on jboss with
sso. For that, I have followed this:
http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/NegotiateKerberos

To test it, I have set up a dns server and a domain controller and a
user in active directory service which belongs to a group named
JBossAdmin. From the logs, it seems to work fine. I get the principal
(the user in ad) back and in the request the authentication type is
set to negotiate.

But when I try to get the remote user from the request, it returns a
number, looks like some sort of id, and I dont really understand it.
Could someone help me with the why and how I could get the user from
active directory? I assume request.getRemoteUser() should return the
user in ad.

I have attached some of the log output.

Kind regards,
Rohnny