[jboss-user] Re: Problems with oracle datasource with UseJBossWebLoader set to true

Jay Kraly jaykraly at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 13:05:59 EDT 2008

Anybody have any ideas why I can't use a jboss ds file when I have
UseJBossWebLoader set to false (I believe this is the default)?  I'm using
JBoss 4.2.2 GA with a default/deploy/oracle-ds.xml datasource setup.  The
problem happens in a custom login module.  When I request the datasource
through JNDI, it returns a null value.  As far as I can tell the problem is
that the jar for the oracle driver is not found by the tomcat specific class
loader.  I haven't been able to figure out where I would have to put the jar
file to get allow the datasource to be created correctly.

Thanks in advance.

-J