[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Message delivery delay > 30 sec sometimes

bodrin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 8 10:58:43 EDT 2008

jboss-4.2.2.GA / jboss-messaging-1.4.0.SP3 / jboss-remoting-2.2.2.SP5

I have a test which sends a message (persistent & transacted) to queue A and waits a response in queue B.
The SystemInTest that answers in queue B is in a separate JVM and is a consumer of queue A.

The strange thing is that the delivery of the message to SystemInTest sometimes is greater then 30s and
it is delivered exactly at the time when I get the following warning at the JBoss console:

  | 17:44:06,547 WARN  [SimpleConnectionManager] A problem has been detected with the connection to remote client 4sg1e4f-7tkxjl-feskzgma-1-feskzh69-d, jmsClientID=a-8tgzksef-1-amgzksef-ljxkt7-f4e1gs4. It is possible the client has exited without closing its connection(s) or the network has failed. All connection resources corresponding to that client process will now be removed.

While I was waiting for the message to arraive at SystemInTest consumer I have checked the database,
but nothing strange for me there :

  | mysql>
  | mysql> select * from JBM_MSG_REF;
  | +------------+------------+----------------+-------+-------------------+----------+----------------+----------------+
  | | MESSAGE_ID | CHANNEL_ID | TRANSACTION_ID | STATE | ORD               | PAGE_ORD | DELIVERY_COUNT | SCHED_DELIVERY |
  | +------------+------------+----------------+-------+-------------------+----------+----------------+----------------+
  | |       3584 |          5 |           NULL | C     | 39572792630870034 |     NULL |              0 |              0 |
  | +------------+------------+----------------+-------+-------------------+----------+----------------+----------------+
  | 1 row in set (0.00 sec)
  |
  | mysql> select MESSAGE_ID,RELIABLE,EXPIRATION,TIMESTAMP,PRIORITY,TYPE from JBM_MSG;
  | +------------+----------+------------+---------------+----------+------+
  | | MESSAGE_ID | RELIABLE | EXPIRATION | TIMESTAMP     | PRIORITY | TYPE |
  | |       3584 | Y        |          0 | 1207665718203 |        4 |    2 |
  | 1 row in set (0.00 sec)
  |
  | mysql>

Do you have any idea what could be the reason for this delay?
It appears almost every 2nd time I run the test.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4142398#4142398

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4142398