[jboss-user] [Management, JMX/JBoss] - Re: Securing JMX console (JBoss)

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 8 13:22:46 EDT 2008

If Quality Center by Mercury has JBossAS embedded within it, then simply stop and restart Quality Center to restart JBossAS.

To find out the version number, look for a file named boot.log within a directory named log. In a typical JBossAS installation this will be at JBOSS_HOME/server/default/log, but I am not familiar with Quality Center so do not know where it would appear there. (Actually, since you know the location of the web.xml file for the JMX Console, the log file should be at ../../../log/boot.log, relative to web.xml.) There should be a line like this:

15:34:48,025 INFO  [Server] Release ID: JBoss [Trinity] 4.2.2.GA (build: SVNTag=JBoss_4_2_2_GA date=200710221139)

By the way, JBoss is not a program, it is a trademark of RedHat and a brand name used on a number of products, including JBoss Application Server (JBossAS). Many people (incorrectly) refer to JBossAS as simply JBoss. I have also seen people use the trem "JBoss" to refer to JBoss Portal, JBoss Messaging, JBoss Webs Server, etc. You could say I'm picky, but I try to never use the term JBoss by itself because of this ambiguity, preferring to refer to the product name (or at least the shortened form).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4142461#4142461

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4142461