[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: Low performance of jboss in windows server 2003

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 8 18:12:03 EDT 2008

Only one connection in the connection pool? That will work for a single client, but if there are multiple clients you will need more connections or database access will be an issue. (Based on your description I cannot tell if you are running a single or multiple clients, but the number of threads leads me to believe you have multiple clients.)

Also, is MySQL on the same system with JBossAS?

How does the app run if you put it on a physical box?  I would tune the app on a physical box first and once I had acceptable performance, then I would move it to a virtual machine.

And yes, there will always be unused heap, typically equal to the size of the young generation. So in your case there will usually be no more than 250MB of heap used, with 100MB always unused. This has to do with the algorithm the Sun JVM uses to determine if it should do a full gc.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4142527#4142527

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4142527