[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: installing and running jboss on linux -- 4957 Bus error

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 10 11:06:03 EDT 2008

Based on this output:

 JAVA: java

you do not have JAVA_HOME set. If it was set as you indicate, then the line would read:

 JAVA: /opt/java/jdk1.6.0_04/java

Most likely, the .bashrc file for root is not picking up the /etc/profile. You are possibly picking up the jvm that comes with Debian, and not the Sun JVM.  That jvm is not qualified to run JBossAS. To be sure, while signed in as root, run:

java -version

That will tell you what it running.

I would not worry about the "missing file" error. That error message is a hold-over from ages past (couple of years ago) when the JDK was required to compile JSPs. More recent versions of Tomcat include everything necessary to compile JSPs. I have run JBossAS 4.2.x and 5.0 with just a JRE.

And I agree with FrankTheTank, you really should not run JBossAS as root - you will open up your system to all kinds of security issues.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4143211#4143211

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4143211