[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Re: Single Sign On with LDAP Examples

yyovkov do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Apr 12 03:57:59 EDT 2008

Hi Salaboy21:

1. Yes, I have commented out the hash algorithm line. To be sure, that it is commented out in proper way I remove it from the file.
2. I made the same with hash encoding
3. Here is the password: {MD5}Xr4ilOzQ4PCOq3aQ0qbuaQ==

This is how it look in all LDAP servers {HASHMechanism}Values...
So you should be aware of that. This is usefull if you do not know which hash algorithm is used to encode the password. In other words you do not need to specify which is the password for the users, but you can take this field from LDAP and work with proper hash algorithm for any user. Because, there are possibility one user password to use MD5, and other SHA-1...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4143624#4143624

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4143624