[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: How can debug Jboss AS in Eclipse?

Jonah do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 14 08:52:46 EDT 2008

Many thanks for your reply. I think I do not describe my question clear befor. I want to modify some code in JBoss AS, so I want to set a breakpoint in some code of Jboss AS classes to see its process.  I filled the required argument in Eclipse debug configuration for  org.jboss.Main. However, it cannot be started and print following messages. I tried in commondline, it's ok. Can you give me some advices?  Many thanks in advance.

Failed to boot JBoss:
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at java.util.Properties$LineReader.readLine(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.Properties.load(Unknown Source)
	at org.jboss.Version.loadProperties(Version.java:291)
	at org.jboss.Version.(Version.java:72)
	at org.jboss.Version.getInstance(Version.java:84)
	at org.jboss.system.server.ServerImpl.(ServerImpl.java:89)
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at org.jboss.system.server.ServerLoader.createServer(ServerLoader.java:289)
	at org.jboss.system.server.ServerLoader.load(ServerLoader.java:268)
	at org.jboss.Main.boot(Main.java:194)
	at org.jboss.Main$1.run(Main.java:508)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4143873#4143873