[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: installing and running jboss on linux -- 4957 Bus error

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 14 12:15:21 EDT 2008

There should be more that one line for the response to java -version. Here is what I get on Fedora:

java version "1.5.0_14"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_14-b03)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_14-b03, mixed mode, sharing)

It is the lines you did not post that are interesting.

I am not convinced that /etc/profile is called automatically. I know that making changes to it does not impact any new terminal windows that I open. So there are several possibilities: 1) it needs to be explicitly invoked 2) it gets read only the first time a user logs in 3) it gets read on system startup. (I just now eliminated #2 as a possibility. I'll reboot later to test #3.))

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4143995#4143995

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4143995