[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Re: UnknownHostException after successful connection to port

cbritton do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 14 13:55:35 EDT 2008

In 4.0 I did not specify a bind address and jboss returned an IP address in the Naming object.  In 4.2, I specify a bind address of "-b 0.0.0.0" and jboss returns the configured hostname.  This breaks the caller because the caller system is not running DNS.

Shouldn't specifying "-b 0.0.0.0" in 4.2 be the same as not specifying a bind address in 4.0?  Is there any way to bind to all interfaces in 4.2 and persuade it to return an IP address instead of a hostname in the Naming object?

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4144027#4144027

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4144027