[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: JBoss / Oracle RAC load balancing not working as expecte

vickyk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 15 02:05:20 EDT 2008

The Jboss JCA Pool  just uses the settings from the connection-url and it is the oracle RAC which does take control of the loadbalancing/failover .
http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/SetUpAOracleDatasource

However if you want the failover to be taken care by the Jboss JCA then you will have to configure ha datasource , this does not take care of loadbalancing yet .
http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/JBossJCADatabaseFailover

I was not able to get any one interested in this so have kept this on hold
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=125546

anonymous wrote :  Does JBoss somehow integrates with Oracle ONS (Oracle Notification Services)?
I am not sure what do you mean by this , check if this can be configured through the datasource descriptor file .

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4144118#4144118

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4144118