[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: MQ migration help

clebert.suconic@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 15 11:03:13 EDT 2008

anonymous wrote :
  | 1. Change the DefaultDS to use MySQL XA connections. Can more than 1 node share the same database on MySQL if I set up the DefaultDS to point to the same database across all nodes?

You actually need a shared database across the nodes to guarantee a proper failover. You don't need XA on the Database though... just simple transactions. When you open a jms.Connection in XA mode we already control our transactions to the database.

anonymous wrote :
  | 2. Define a new Datasource and point each node to the same database.
  |
  | All databases will be in MySQL cluster.

Same as above, right?

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/JBMSpringJMSTemplateNotes

anonymous wrote : However, it doesn't point to a good way to connect from POJO clients outside the container. Can anyone point me to an article so that I can implement a JBoss "approved" JMSTemplate with connection pooling? These client queues will need to be XA compatible.

Well.. IMO that is a Spring issue. You definitely need to reuse your connections. Creating a new connection on every message receive is not practical with any JMS provider. You'd better find help on Spring guys.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4144254#4144254

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4144254