[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: JBoss 4.05 don't release free memory - Out of Memory err

bakry do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 16 20:52:01 EDT 2008

hi peter,

thanks for the reply..

I agree with u, the JVM should return memory to OS after GC... but this is not happening in my case because I can see the total memory never decrease (while monitoring for 3-5 days)... so there is no memory returned to OS, which conflict with our theory....

I have also monitored the jboss process memory-utilization on the unix machine it gave the same figure as the Jboss admin console... that is my jboss process keeps eating memory without returning it back to OS till it reaches the max assigned memory then it give the OOME....

I am wondering is this a known issue in 4.0.5 (I have another server 4.2.1 running in the same machine, itis not doing that).... if not, then what to do to get red of this... i tried every thing with no result...

Please help..

Regards
Bakry

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4144685#4144685