[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Clustered server preference

chip_schoch do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 17 11:03:38 EDT 2008

anonymous wrote : Remember using queues is point to point so you should only have one receiver.

I am assuming that by receiver you mean consumer, in JMS parlance.  If that is the case I don't know how you can make this assertion.  The whole point of using queues in a load balanced environment is so that you can have a single work queue (or virtual single queue as in a clustered queue) and be able to scale up your workers to meet the load.  In my case that means bringing more hardware on line to process messages in the queue.

If I have completely misunderstood you in this context I apologize.  I have been writing business systems that employ queues for a long time and the paradigm has always been FIFO behavior, allowing an unlimited number of worker processes to pull messages off the queue in the order that they were put on.  The idea of a queue having only one process that can pull messages off is absurd.  Surely I am misunderstanding what you are saying.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4144908#4144908

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4144908