[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - ClassCastException accessing a DataSource

riflevolunteer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 18 04:13:16 EDT 2008

Hi

I know this as been discussed elsewhere loads of times and I have searched and searched and tried everything and still I get the same error. I'm sure its something simple but I just don't know enough to figure it out.

I have a MySql database which I am trying to get the DataSource for using JNDI on a JBOSS 4.2.2 see all details below:

JBoss 4.2.2
MySQL 5.0
Eclipse 3.3.2

JNDI Properties

java.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory
java.naming.provider.url=jnp://localhost:1099
java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces

server/deploy/mysql-ds.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<local-tx-datasource>
<jndi-name>MySqlDS</jndi-name>
<use-java-context>false</use-java-context>
<connection-url>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/andy_test</connection-url>
<driver-class>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver-class>
<user-name>user</user-name>
pword
<exception-sorter-class-name>org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.vendor.MySQLExceptionSorter</exception-sorter-class-name>

	<type-mapping>mySQL</type-mapping>

</local-tx-datasource>

simple code

import java.sql.*;
import javax.naming.Context;
import javax.naming.InitialContext;
import javax.naming.NamingException;

public class DataSource {
		InitialContext ic;
		try {

                      InitialContext ic;
                      DataSource ds =(DataSource)ic.lookup("MySqlDS");

		} catch (NamingException e) {
			e.printStackTrace();
		}
		catch (ClassCastException e){
			e.printStackTrace();
		}

	}
}

When I run this I get this error:

java.lang.ClassCastException: $Proxy0
	at DataSource.main(DataSource.java:12)

If anyone can advise me whether I'm doing something fundamentally wrong or a configuration error.

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4145071#4145071

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4145071