[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Clustered server preference

clebert.suconic@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 18 11:06:06 EDT 2008

Andy wrote : So in answer to your question, you would need to use a singleton queue that all your consumers used and use the other node as a backup for fail over.

A Singleton Queue it the way JBossMQ decided to implement cluster, and that was as performant as having a single node.

If you need multiple clients sharing a single queue with JBossMessaging, and you can't have the localQueues behavior.. you should use a single node, and you could have other nodes as backup nodes. Another way is if you aways had your producer on the BackupNode and consumers on remote nodes, the load would be shared with your clients.

I believe we have the Singleton Queue option planned for JBM 2.

Notice that this is still correct according to the JMS specification as it doesn't state how cluster whould behave on clustered distributions. (this is something up to the implementation).

Just coming back to your Banking example, when you go to the bank the next cashier will get you.. you won't need to go to the other side of the city to get the next available teller. The local queue has this behavior... you get the next teller at the agency you are currently on which is the cheapest operation.

What we can do now is consider the Single option for a future release for users that don't need to scale up their queues. I'm sure you can find a way to work this out with JBM 1.4 if you want... but I'm not sure if this will satisfy your needs.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4145172#4145172

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4145172