[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: ClassCastException accessing a DataSource

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 21 03:54:54 EDT 2008

"riflevolunteer" wrote : Hi

  | The JNDI tree I cannot find I can find the JMXConsole but nowhere is there anything called jndiview as described in the wiki. Please advise.

Did you install JBoss, using the JEMS installer? Just this past week, we had a discussion about this where it turned out that JEMS installer does not configure the JNDIView ( http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=133889).

For JNDIView to be available, you will have to download the JBoss zip archive. Unzip it to some location (which does not contain a space in its folder name Ex: D:\JBoss), set JAVA_HOME and start the server.

My intention of asking you to post the contents of the jndi tree was to see what the datasource is being bound to. If re-installing JBoss, is not an option for you, can you try out the following piece of code from the client and post the output?

  |        try {
  |
  | 		InitialContext ic;
  | 		Object ds = ic.lookup("MySqlDS");
  | 		Class[] interfaces = ds.getClass().getInterfaces();
  | 		System.out.println("Implemented interfaces: ");
  | 		for (int i = 0; i < interfaces.length; i++) {
  | 			System.out.println("*** " + interfaces);
  | 		}
  | 	}......
  | 	//other stuff
  | }

Let's see if this output gives us some clue.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4145387#4145387

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4145387