[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Custom Login Module - Login Link

ai77 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 22 11:16:48 EDT 2008

Hi,
I've been reading posts on custom login authentication for days and I managed to get to an almost working login mechanism, but I'm now stuck with a problem for which I couldn't find a solution in any of the prev posts.
Here's my situation: I'm using jboss portal bundle 2.6.4 and I need to authenticate my users via a Web Service (which I already have and it's working fine).
I created my own custom login module which looks more or less like NM-156's in this post: http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4088974#4088974%20(403%20dashboard), except for the authentication bit which relies on the web service login call.
I've changed my jboss-portal-2.6.4\server\default\deploy\jboss-portal.sar\conf\login-config.xml to include my own "login-module".
I log in the portal from the login link on the top right corner of the default installation portal page and if I use user "admin" which is both available in jboss and in my web service, everything works fine.
If instead I try with a user that is only recognized by my web service, albeit the custom login module is called and the log in works fine (if I get the request.getUserPrincipal() from a portlet I get the correct name of the logged in user), the link "login" on the top-right corner of the portal is still there! And my page has been redirected to /portal/auth/portal/ so I don't understand why I don't see the  "Dashboard  |  Admin  |  Logout" links. Also the "current users" portlet says that I'm logged-in.
I'm sure I'm missing something really stupid, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4145899#4145899

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4145899