[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: MQ migration help

tnine do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 22 17:38:01 EDT 2008

One last quick question before I start.  I want to make sure I'm not misunderstanding the J2EE 1.4 implementation details of an MDB.

What I expect
My MDB reads from the StatementInput queue.  It fails to process the message, and the transaction is rolled back.  After 2 failed read attempts on a message, it should go into the dead letter queue.  In my configuration, this will be the StatementDLQ

What's happening
My MDB reads from StatementInput queue.  It processes 2 messages, and 2 messages fail.  However, with a clean system, the message count of StatementDLQ is 0, but the message count of DLQ is 2.  This is equal to the number of failed messages.

Should all failures of MDB's end up in default queue/DLQ regardless of configuration?  I read the J2EE 1.4 and JMS 1.1 spec, but I couldn't find anything in the exception documentation that outlines DLQ requirements.

Thanks,
Todd

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4145992#4145992

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4145992