[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - regarding EJBQL and object equality

mnrz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 23 00:33:20 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I have a simple query in which I want to select records that meet equality condition with an Enum type.

select t from MyEntity t where t.statusType is not StatusType.NEW

StatusType is an enum contains NEW, SENT, ABANDONED

at first, it was an error, complained that unable to resolve the StatusType so I changed it to
t.statusType is not com.myejb.enums.StatusType.NEW

and it worked fine but now I need to add another condition:

t.statusType is not com.myejb.enums.StatusType.NEW and
  | t.statusType is not com.myejb.enums.StatusType.SENT

but the TopLink complains that there is a syntax error near the [com] and she can't resolve this query.

how can I test the equality in such way?

thank you all

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4146028#4146028

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4146028