[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: handling bulk amounts of processinstances; transaction p

jaydub do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 23 16:37:47 EDT 2008

I have an app which must execute about 200,000 process instances per day inside an EE container.    I was unable to use JBPM persistence as it resulted in too many DB deadlocks, especially when trying to delete completed process instances.    Run a dump of all the SQL that is executed when you create/signal/manipulate vars/delete a process instance and you will quickly see why this did not work for me.  It really was not designed to be used how I had hoped to use it.

I replaced the JBPM persistence model with my own simple, flat model, persisting the process instance as an EJB3 @Lob in a single table.    This has reduced my DB load to almost nothing and works well.   This solution may not meet your requirements, as it does not really handle concurrent updates to a single process instance, but then again, I did not have that requirement.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4146331#4146331

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4146331