[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - XA Recovery of messages sent to a Topic

mmusgrov do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 24 13:45:09 EDT 2008

I am testing/enabling XA transaction recovery for JBossMQs on version 4.2.3.GA of the app server and version 4_2_3_GA_SP of jbossts. When I send a message to a queue I see that the JBossMQ code saves the transaction id and message in its recovery tables. If I kill the AS just before running phase 2 of the commit then on restart the TM recovery code successfully recovers the XID for the failed branch by calling recover on the XAResource (associated with the XAQueueSession) and successfully replays the transaction.

However, if do the same steps on a Topic, then calling recover on the XAResource (associated with the XATopicSession) does not return any XID.

My question is, should JBossMQ support recovery of messages sent to a Topic within an XA transaction.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4146595#4146595

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4146595