[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Deploying PHP application in JBoss Portal

ernitingoel do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 24 19:40:09 EDT 2008

Hi Peter,

I am able to deploy PHP application on JBoss on Windows. To help out others, I am mentioning here the steps I have performed.

1.  Download and install JBoss Native for your OS: http://www.jboss.org/jbossweb/downloads/jboss-native/?action=a&windowstate=maximized

2 Download and install the PHP servlet for your OS: http://www.jboss.org/jbossweb/downloads/php/?action=a&windowstate=maximized

3.  Download PHP 5.2:
http://www.php.net/downloads.php

4. Copy JBoss Native into JBoss Portal directory, confirm whether you have JBOSS_PORTAL_HOME/bin/native directory

5. Set the php5servlet\bin & php5servlet\bin\ext in PATH variable.

6. Download php5servlet.dll from

http://members.cox.net/ocjohnsons/php5servlet.zip

Replace it with php5servlet\bin

7. Copy php5servlet\webapps\php-examples.war into JBOSS_PORTAL_HOME\server\default\deploy.

8. Modify php5servlet\webapps\php-examples.war\web.xml
Replace
<servlet-class>org.apache.catalina.servlets.php.Handler</servlet-class>
with
<servlet-class>org.jboss.web.php.Handler</servlet-class>
and
Replace        <servlet-class>org.apache.catalina.servlets.php.Highlight</servlet-class>
with
<servlet-class>org.jboss.web.php.Highlight</servlet-class>

9. Add

in JBOSS_PORTAL_HOME\server\default\deploy\jboss-web.deployer\server.xml

10. Download jbossweb-extras.jar for php http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbossreflex/trunk/php/jbossweb-extras.jar

Copy to JBOSS_PORTAL_HOME\server\default\deploy\lib

11. Start the server and access http://localhost:8080/php-examples/index.php

Thanks,
Nitin Goel

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4146675#4146675