[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Deploy ZIP vs. EAR

twiedenmann do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 25 12:23:55 EDT 2008

Hey,

is there anything to think about when I deploy a ZIP file instead of an EAR file ?

I currently build a rich client application, which will use JBoss Remoting for communication with the AppServer over HTTPS.
Therefore I created a SAR for the transport connector MBean, a WAR for the servlets and a JAR for the session beans.

If I deploy those as EAR with an application.xml there seems to be a problem with the classloading - the servlet cannot find the session beans.

Deploying the components one by one works, so I pack them all in a ZIP file which will be deployed.

So, is there any problem / risk doing this ?

Thx, Timo

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4146874#4146874

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4146874