[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - Monitoring the number of messages in a queue from the comman

pgbossi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 28 11:28:56 EDT 2008

Hello all,

We are trying to monitor a queue status from the command line. In particular, we want to monitor the number of messages in the queue at any give time. Let's say that the queue name is XXXYYY. We are trying to use twiddle of course, but got stuck. As you can see below we are using jboss-4.0.5.GA (the examples are under windows, but we have the same behaviour under linux as well).

C:\Program Files\jboss-4.0.5.GA\bin>twiddle query "jboss.mq.destination:*"
  | [...]
  | jboss.mq.destination:service=Queue,name=XXXYYY
  | [...]
  |
  | C:\Program Files\jboss-4.0.5.GA\bin>twiddle get "jboss.mq.destination:service=Queue,name=XXXYYY"
  | 10:38:52,265 ERROR [Twiddle] Exec failed
  | java.io.NotSerializableException: org.jboss.mq.server.MessageCounter
  | [...]

Because MessageCounter is not serializable we cannot get it's value. I guess we could write an JMX over RMI inspector but still, we have the circumvent the issue of dealing with an object that cannot be serialized and sent over the wire. Do you guys know any other MBean that we can monitor from the command line? Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Giuliano

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4147271#4147271

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4147271