[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Access CMS trought a Portlet

DragonSk1ll do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 30 04:15:17 EDT 2008

I found how to proceed to access the CMS by a programatic way but i had to look in source of JBoss Portal... I don't found any documentation about that.
Here is my solution if that can help somebody:

  | CMS CMSService = (CMS)this.getPortletContext().getAttribute("CMS");
  | Command listCMD =   CMSService.getCommandFactory().createFolderGetListCommand("/");
  | Folder mainFolder = (Folder)CMSService.execute(listCMD);
  | List l=mainFolder.getFolders();
  | Iterator it=l.iterator();
  | while(it.hasNext())
  | {
  |     System.out.println(((Folder)(it.next())).getName());
  | }

jboss-portlet.xml

  | <portlet-app>
  |    <portlet>
  |       <portlet-name>NewsWithCms</portlet-name>
  |       <transaction>
  |          <trans-attribute>Required</trans-attribute>
  |       </transaction>
  |    </portlet>
  |    <service>
  |        <service-name>CMS</service-name>
  |        <service-class>org.jboss.portal.cms.CMS</service-class>
  |        <service-ref>portal:service=CMS</service-ref>
  |    </service>
  | </portlet-app>

It's work but there always a litle problem, I must include the jboss-portal.sar\portal-cms.sar\portal-cms-lib to compile my portlet but when I deploy it I must remove that jar to avoid a Class Cast Exeption during the execution (java.lang.ClassCastException org.jboss.portal.cms.impl.jcr.JCRCommandFactory).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4147738#4147738

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4147738