[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Tomcat Virtual Hosts/Hostname

lovelyliatroim do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 30 08:33:31 EDT 2008

Hi guys,
    Im trying to get tomcat up and running properly with the beta4 version for AS 5. Think my problem is related to this http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-3918 but just would like some confirmation on it.

I have no problem getting a response with "localhost:8080" or "127.0.0.1:8080" but as soon as i use my machine hostname or IP address, i dont get a response.

So http://127.0.0.1:8080/ or http://localhost.8080/ works and
http://hostname:8080/ or http://ipaddress:8080/ doesnt.

Should ip address or hostname work out of the box?? This is the way it is in tomcat standalone. So i thought maybe i have to add virtual host config, which i did  but have had no luck getting it to work in beta4.

Is this a bug or is my config not set up right??

Thanks in advance,
LL

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4147818#4147818

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4147818