[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Why is Remote Interface not installed

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 30 09:52:49 EDT 2008

"baumar" wrote :
  | In my - I confess not very clear understanding - the problem might be already in the packaging or deployment. I deployed a similar construction (the example 4.1 in Chapter 24 of Enterprise JavaBeans 3.0, 5th Edition By Richard Monson-Haefel). When I deploy the jar from the exercise, I can see the bean and the interface in the jmx console, whereas for the construction I made, the remote interface is just a java object, and my jar leads to a StatefulProxyFactory, which is not there in the TravelAgent.

Markus,

I think i know what's going on (the TravelAgentBean and the book you mentioned acted as a hint). I remember some months back there was a user who had reported the exact same problem. During that discussion, we had found out the issue to be the JDK (version) he was using. I guess you are using Java 6 (either on the client or on the JBoss server or maybe both). If yes, then stop using Java 6 and instead use Java 1.5 (and remember to remove all the references to Java 6 in Eclipse, JBoss and the client - i mean do a clean build after setting the JAVA_HOME to JDK 1.5). If this does not solve the issue and please post back with the details.

"baumar" wrote :
  | Is this typical to face so many problems and difficulties with deploying the jar file with eclipse to JBoss? (Maybe there is a self-aid group?-)

Personally, with JBoss i do not use any IDEs for deploying (because deploying is just a matter of copying to the deploy folder) or building (i use Ant instead).  Using an IDE for these activities adds an layer of unneccessary complications.

"baumar" wrote :
  | I saw later version provide more support, like in 4.2.2, but on one side I was missing documentation and on the other hand, the 'comfort-function' even hided more, what happened.

I would definitely recommend that you move to the latest stable version (4.2.2 GA), if not immidiately then maybe some time later. The documentation is definitely available on the JBoss site. Let us know if you are not able to locate it.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4147846#4147846

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4147846