[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: Buddy Replication: Memory usage with Tomcat Session Repl

dmurphy do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 30 23:13:48 EDT 2008

Brian - thanks for your input..

Re memory: I researched further and think this is the reason.. We have 3 app servers. The start sequence is a1, a2, a3. When a2 starts a1 (already started) and a2 form a buddy pair (they appear to both backup each other). Then when a3 starts it looks like a2 also becomes the buddy to backup  a3. So a3 backups up two nodes and a3 ends up backing no nodes. I think that is why the memory patterns vary between the nodes (with a2 exhibiting the fastest depletion of memory)

RE session.invalidate(): I am still seeing unbounded growth of the number of replicated sessions and eventually we get out of memory. This is JBOSS AS 4.0.5. Any further input on this one would be most valuable since its now a show stopper for us at this point..

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4148038#4148038

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4148038