[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Web method memory leak?

pophristov do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 1 11:55:56 EDT 2008

Hello,

We have a web service for file upload/download. We are using a web method that returns a chunk of the file as a byte array for downloading. When the web service client downloads a large file the memory used by the java.exe (monitored using Windows Task Manager) swiftly increases and is never released. Eventually the used memory becomes so much that the whole computer performance decreases dramatically. Same happens if simply return a large byte array:

  | @WebMethod
  | public byte[] downloadChunk() {
  |  return new byte[524288];
  | }

We are using JBoss 4.2.1 GA with JBossWS 2.0.1. Java 1.5.0_15. It is running on Windows Vista 32.

Any help on solving this will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

BP

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4168218#4168218

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4168218