[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - reopen a process instance ?

memius do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 4 10:31:50 EDT 2008

Is it conceptually correct (and if so, technically possible) to reopen a closed process instance ?

Consider next situation : you have an insurance dossier that is functionally 'closed' (all payments done, everyone happy, etc...)
But ... there is always the option that new data pops up and this dossier has to be 'reopened'.  Let's say that this can happen within 5 years after 'closing' the dossier.

How do you put this in a process ?

You could eg.  create a time for five years and after that, close the process instance (but even then it seems to be functionally possible to have the need to reopen a dossier).
or you could leave the process instance open (but all process instances would stay alive then :s).

What is the normal way of doing this ? It appears to me that this kind of process occurs a lot (medical files, accountancy, law suit, ...)

Btw, I consider the correct concept more important than the technical jbpm possible solutions.

Sincerely,
Dieter D'haeyere.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4168471#4168471

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4168471