[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - Re: Stress Tests

manik.surtani@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 4 12:53:08 EDT 2008

"jason.greene at jboss.com" wrote : The major memory increase is because of JBCACHE-1383, which creates 16 CHM segments and 17 locks per node.  We have not yet done a 2.2 release that includes the fix, which is reducing it to 4. You could build the latest 2.2.x branch to try it.

2.2.0.CR7 is now available which does have JBCACHE-1383.  You should see your heap size drop.

"jason.greene at jboss.com" wrote : The 3.0.0 Alpha release completely eliminates the problem (when using the MVCC locking mode). Perhaps you want to give that a try?

While you may not have the time to play with this, I would advise to at least keep it on your radar.  It is _significantly_ faster than 2.X, and has a smaller memory footprint as well.  I expect to release Alpha2 this evening/tomorrow morning, and my goal is to have this in GA by the end of September.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4168522#4168522

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4168522