[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - unable to create portlet instance: says it already exists

u268 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 6 12:11:35 EDT 2008

Hi All!

Have a weird problem: unable to create portlet instance from admin UI.
Here is a case:
Our portal had leftNavPortlet defined in XML under some_name.war.
Then we removed this portlet form this war and placed to separate war with same name definition (leftNavPortlet) and from now it seems to have a different portlet name when deployed like:
local./ontometrics-jboss-portlets.leftNavPortlet
In admin UI I can't see portlet instance named leftNavPortletInstance... so I tried to create one by selecting local./ontometrics-jboss-portlets.leftNavPortlet from available portlets list but it gives me error:

An instance with the id leftNavPortletInstance already exist!

But I CAN'T see it in portlet instances defined!
How do I cleanup it?

Actually when I dropped local portal DB instance and deployed from scratch - all was working fine. But I don't want to drop DB on production!

HELP!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4169091#4169091

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4169091