[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Using variables in Expressions

vanyatka do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 7 07:30:17 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'd like to use a business context variable in the EL block, like this:

  | <decision name="my node" expression="#{filteredBannersCount}">...

This variable is declared in SLSB (via Seam) like this:

	@Out(scope = ScopeType.BUSINESS_PROCESS, required = false)
  | 	private String filteredBannersCount;

However, it seems EL should point to methods only and not variables.
I get the following error trying to use it:

  | 13:28:46,887 FATAL [application] javax.ejb.EJBTransactionRolledbackException: Identity 'filteredBannersCount' does not reference a MethodExpression instance, returned type: java.lang.String
  | javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: javax.ejb.EJBTransactionRolledbackException: Identity 'filteredBannersCount' does not reference a MethodExpression instance, returned type: java.lang.String

Can we use business context vars in expressions?

Thanks,

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4169275#4169275

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4169275