[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Users bookmarking login.jsp causes problems

kathy90031 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 7 09:06:48 EDT 2008

We're running Jboss 4.2.2/JRE 1.6_7

We've deployed our application with a jaas realm and everything works fine with logging in when the users bookmark the home page.

However, there are alot of users that have bookmarked the login.jsp and when this happens JBOSS throws the BAD_REQUEST error.  I stepped through the code and the user does get authenticated, it's just when JBOSS tried to lookup the URL to forward to, it returns NULL and therefore throws the BAD_REQUEST error.

Is there a feasble workaround for this issue without additional coding on our part to fix this?  We are deploying on multiple webservers and ideally we would not want to write any JBOSS specific code to work around this issue.  Keep in mind, that this is not an issue on the our other web servers; even though the user bookmarks login.jsp; they are still redirected to the home page.

Please advise,

Katherine Youngblood

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4169293#4169293

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4169293