[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Deployment of Process Definition

ragna do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 7 09:09:05 EDT 2008

Hi there,

I wrote my first process definition which only consists of three nodes. I can deploy it over the web console and execute it from console and code without problem.
Now I want to deploy the process definition programmatically, and I get the following error:

  | 14:57:43,683 ERROR [DbPersistenceService] hibernate commit failed
  | org.hibernate.PropertyAccessException: could not get a field value by reflection getter of org.jbpm.graph.def.ProcessDefinition.events
  | 	at org.hibernate.property.DirectPropertyAccessor$DirectGetter.get(DirectPropertyAccessor.java:35)
  | 	at org.hibernate.tuple.entity.AbstractEntityTuplizer.getPropertyValue(AbstractEntityTuplizer.java:277)
  | 	at org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersister.getPropertyValue(AbstractEntityPersister.java:3581)
  | 	at org.hibernate.engine.Cascade.cascade(Cascade.java:130)
  | 	at org.hibernate.event.def.AbstractFlushingEventListener.cascadeOnFlush(AbstractFlushingEventListener.java:131)
  | 	at org.hibernate.event.def.AbstractFlushingEventListener.prepareEntityFlushes(AbstractFlushingEventListener.java:122)
  | 	at org.hibernate.event.def.AbstractFlushingEventListener.flushEverythingToExecutions(AbstractFlushingEventListener.java:65)
  | 	at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultFlushEventListener.onFlush(DefaultFlushEventListener.java:26)
  | 	at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.flush(SessionImpl.java:1000)
  | 	at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.managedFlush(SessionImpl.java:338)
  | 	at org.hibernate.transaction.JDBCTransaction.commit(JDBCTransaction.java:106)
  | 	at org.jbpm.persistence.db.DbPersistenceService.commit(DbPersistenceService.java:260)
  | 	at org.jbpm.persistence.db.DbPersistenceService.close(DbPersistenceService.java:218)
  | 	at org.jbpm.svc.Services.close(Services.java:223)
  | 	at org.jbpm.JbpmContext.close(JbpmContext.java:139)

I tried to load a process definition in code and save it, this works fine. But I reconized that the fields events and actions where filled with empty maps. In contrast : the process definition which i read from file has null values for this fields.

Is this a hibernate configuration issue? Has someone a hint?

Here is the code i use:

  | JbpmContext jbpmContext = JbpmConfiguration.getInstance().createJbpmContext();
  | try {
  |    ProcessDefinition emailProcess = ProcessDefinition.parseXmlResource("doorprocess/processdefinition.xml");
  |    jbpmContext.deployProcessDefinition(emailProcess);
  | } finally {
  |    jbpmContext.close();
  | }

Thanks for any help!