[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: newbie: sample app to test

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 7 10:40:37 EDT 2008

How simple of an app are you looking for? Hello world? Or something a little more functional? You could download and install JBoss Portal - it has a lot of built-in functionality (there is even a Portal + AS bundle that is ready to run).

To install Seam, just unzip the zip file into any directory (not within JBOSS_HOME.). The readme.txt file (in the base Seam directory) should be able to get you started. Yes the readme mentions JBossAS 4.2.2, but 4.2.3 is just a patch release any and will also work - I just now verified that with Seam 2.0.2. By the way, step #2 in the "Get Up And Running Quick" instructions is a little confusing - you need to add a "jboss.home=xxx" property to the build.properties file located in the base directory. If you run into problems building or deploying the Seam app, please post the ant console output, including the command you entered. (When I built the booking example, no build/seam/output directory was required or created.))

By the way, did you install the regular or jdk6 variation of JBossAS 4.2.3? And what JDK are you using? (I am using the regular variation of JBossAS and JDK 1.5.0_16)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4169314#4169314

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4169314