[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Slow Performance (configuration issue?)

bhmt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 7 21:34:04 EDT 2008

Hey all,

We did a performance test to compare Axis2 and JBoss WS implementatioins with a simple string echo service.

  | @WebService
  | @SOAPBinding(parameterStyle = SOAPBinding.ParameterStyle.WRAPPED)
  | public interface EchoService
  | {
  |     @WebMethod
  |     public String echo(String s);
  | }
  |
  | @Local
  | public interface EchoServiceLocal extends EchoService {}
  |
  | @Remote
  | public interface EchoServiceRemote extends EchoService {}
  |
  | @Stateless
  | @WebService(endpointInterface="com.echo.EchoService")
  | @WebContext(contextRoot="/echosvc")
  | public class EchoServiceBean implements EchoServiceRemote, EchoServiceLocal
  | {
  |     @Override
  |     public String echo(String s) { return s; }
  | }

Test1
-----
Client: JBoss 4.2.3.GA client
Server: JBoss 4.2.3.GA
Throughput: 50 requests/second

Test2
-----
Client: JBoss 4.2.3.GA client
Server: JBoss 4.2.3.GA + Axis2 WAR (v1.4)
Throughput: 200 requests/second

Test3
-----
Client: Axis2 (v1.4) client (using ADB)
Server: JBoss 4.2.3.GA + Axis2 (using ADB)
Throughput: 400 requests/second

Test4
-----
Client: JBoss 4.2.3.GA client
Server: Tomcat (v6) + Axis2 WAR (v1.4)
Throughput: 400 requests/second

All tests run 10000 request in single thread on same computer running both client and server.
Java version: 1.6.0_06,Sun Microsystems Inc.

It seems the jbossws-3.0.1-native-2.0.4.GA (this is the default one in JBoss 4.2.3.GA) is the bottleneck.
Tried jbossws-native-3.0.2.GA (replaced jbossws-3.0.1-native-2.0.4.GA) in the same JBossAS, got same result.

Is there any configuration for JBossWS that is limiting performance?

Thanks for your input!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4169442#4169442

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4169442