[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - How to handle colon (:) in CSS files (IE-limitation)

kirksigi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 8 04:12:54 EDT 2008

Hello!

In my webapplication i have a lot of input-fields with an id containing a colon (:). e.g. : "myForm:name"

I know, that i have to escape the colon in css to make it valid, but internetexplorer does not seem to handle this kind of rule correctly. See example below:

-- test.css ---

  | #a\:b {
  | 	width:400px;
  | }

-- test.html --

  | <head
  | <link rel="stylesheet" href="test.css" type="text/css"></link>
  | </head>
  | <input type="text" id="a:b"/>

Firefox show this input-field 400px wide, IE not (IE is ignoring the rule completly).

My Question: How can i make the inputfile 400px wide on FF AND IE without using the size attribute of the input-field?

thanks
Kirksigi, AT

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4169496#4169496

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4169496